[wingide-users] Show docstring during completion- not working?

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Sep 18 17:19:25 MDT 2006

Tony Cappellini wrote:
> I have Show docstring during completion unchecked, but the docstring is
> still being displayed in the Source Assistant.
> In this particular class, the docstring is huge, and would be better to
> turn
> it off.

The show docstring option currently forces the docstring to be displayed
in some instances where is would be hidden.  It sounds like you want to
change what it does so a docstring is always hidden if it's unchecked --
or I wonder if docstrings longer than a certain length should be hidden
or truncated if the option is off.  Is the real issue that a lengthy doc
string is being displayed when it doesn't need to be?

> It would be very helpful to have an option to display/not display the
> docstring by right clicking in the source assistant window.

The current option is on the context menu and any new option would
probably go there as well.