[wingide-users] Stepping through the return of a function/method

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu Sep 14 16:07:20 MDT 2006

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006, Russell Warren wrote:
> On a related note, does anyone know why getting the debugger
> off of an exception seems to take an indeterminate number of
> steps?  That has been a funny quirk that I just blindly accept
> for some time now...

As you guessed, it's going up the stack to the exception handler.

It is confusing because the debugger automatically appends the
exception stack to the current stack (this is needed because of
how exceptions work in general) so it appears to stay on the same
line when it really is not.

We'll try to fix this and/or add away to step out of the
exception handler in one operation.

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python