[wingide-users] Stepping through the return of a function/method

Russell Warren rwarren at picarro.com
Thu Sep 14 14:32:45 MDT 2006

On a related note, does anyone know why getting the debugger off of an exception seems to take an indeterminate number of steps?  That has been a funny quirk that I just blindly accept for some time now...

Come to think of it at this moment I'm going to guess that it is climbing the stack, frame by frame, with each step.  Most of the time I just want to jump up to the handler in a single step, though...

An option to change this behaviour is not leaping out at me.  I never take it out of "report exceptions immediately if appeared unhandled" mode.

Russ