[wingide-users] Semi-OT: Howto build .app bundle for PyGTK applications?

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Sun Sep 10 16:36:28 MDT 2006

Wolfgang Keller wrote:
> Is there a step-by-step cookbook recipe somewhere how to build a
> double-clickable .app bundle for a PyGTK application?

There's a couple pieces you may or may not be interested.  The first is
that the Wing OS X app bundle consists of a small launcher application
which runs the run-wing.sh shell script in the Contents/MacOS directory.
  We have not posted the code, but would be willing to do so if there's
interest -- it's probably not the best way to do things, but it works.
There should be a number of other X11 application launchers for OS X.

The second piece is that run-wing.sh and later wing.py set up the
environment so that the versions of gtk & pygtk that come with Wing are
used.  This code is pretty much cross-platform (it's used on both Linux
and OS X) and depends, in part, on patches to the gtk source so gtk can
run in a directory that's different than it is built in.

Cheers,