[wingide-users] File-open dialog request

Peter Fein pfein at pobox.com
Tue Sep 5 14:11:53 MDT 2006

On Tuesday 05 September 2006 14:32, Ken Kinder wrote:
> I suppose asking for the KDE file open dialog is unrealistic, but
> something similar would be nice. In particular, KDE lets you bookmark
> directories. That'd be nice.

There's always this incredibly ugly hack (haven't tried it):
http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=36077

FWIW, I'm using the System GTK with Wing 2.1.2 and the "Use my KDE style in
GTK applications" option... which basically gives me a KDE-ified Wing. ;)  It
works fine... a few minor drawing weirdnesses but nothing disruptive.[1]

Here, have a screenshot.
http://pfein.blogspot.com/2006/09/omg-kde-ified-wing.html

--Pete

[1] esp. after the fix for checkboxes-in-menus in 2.1.2, thanks!

--
Peter Fein                                                     pfein at pobox.com
773-575-0694                                      Jabber: peter.fein at gmail.com