[wingide-users] File-open dialog request

Ken Kinder kkinder at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 13:32:25 MDT 2006

On 9/4/06, Wingware Support <support at wingware.com> wrote:

> As for the gtk file dialog, we've considered updating to the newer file
> selector, but have been hesitant because of the lack of a text entry
> field unless you happen to know the key to bring it up.  Does anyone
> have an opinion on the way to go here?  We realize that a native dialog
> would be best on OS X, but it's not an option in the short term.

I suppose asking for the KDE file open dialog is unrealistic, but
something similar would be nice. In particular, KDE lets you bookmark
directories. That'd be nice.

I agree with Pete that none of the gtk/gnome file dialogs are very
productive. One behavior among some gtk apps is the type-ahead
directory thing. Whichever one that is, it's quite annoying.

I use ctrk+k for 90% of my file-opening needs.