[wingide-users] An idea for better auto-completion

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Tue Sep 5 09:52:52 MDT 2006

On Tue, 5 Sep 2006, Russell Warren wrote:
> Wing also "sees" code nested in 'if 0:' blocks so you don't
> need the code to run even in __debug__ mode.
>
> My code is littered with stuff like this:
>
>   if 0: assert isinstance(foo, MyClass)   #for Wing

BTW, if you don't want the assert and don't need 'if 0' (usually
only needed to avoid circular or unwanted imports to get at the
class name) you can just say:

  isinstance(foo, MyClass)

That's the minimum hint that Wing needs for the type.

We're hoping to add inferencing type through function/method args
at some point.  It's a bit tricky to do well, but should greatly
reduce the need for isinstance hints.

- Stephan