[wingide-users] File-open dialog request

Tom Stambaugh tms at zeetix.com
Tue Sep 5 08:31:22 MDT 2006

John wrote:>
> Yes, this can be annoying -- I just ran into it in another application I
> use.  How about defaulting to the last filter used so you only need to set
> it once?  This is for the win32 file dialog, not the one used on other
> platforms.

I prefer to not have any filter. Instead, I prefer to keep it at "all
files", regardless of which file I last opened.

I can see the extension in the file list, and most of the time the extension
tells me what type the file is. I keep my directories relatively small, so a
filter doesn't buy me much.

Simple is better. Yes, remember the last directory I opened. Nothing more,
please.

Thanks,
Tom