[wingide-users] File-open dialog request

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Sep 4 19:42:29 MDT 2006

Tom Stambaugh wrote:
> I'd like the file-open dialog default to change so that I see *all* the
> files in a directory, as opposed to just the python files. Could it at least
> be an option in the preferences page, so that I can change it myself?

Yes, this can be annoying -- I just ran into it in another application I
use.  How about defaulting to the last filter used so you only need to
set it once?  This is for the win32 file dialog, not the one used on
other platforms.

As for the gtk file dialog, we've considered updating to the newer file
selector, but have been hesitant because of the lack of a text entry
field unless you happen to know the key to bring it up.  Does anyone
have an opinion on the way to go here?  We realize that a native dialog
would be best on OS X, but it's not an option in the short term.