[wingide-users] encoding problem

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Sep 4 19:11:28 MDT 2006

On Mon, 4 Sep 2006, AxelMüller wrote:
> with Wing IDE 2.1.2 I've got a problem opening *.pt (Zope PageTemplate, xhtml)
> files:
> default editor encoding: iso8859-15
> encoding "standardheader.pt": iso8859-15
> the editor alerts (in german): couldn't translate all chars, there will be
> problems saving this file. Apparently, it tried to open the file utf-8
> encodet?!
> What's the Problem?

I think this is because in 2.1.2 we changed the default encoding
for XML files that don't specify an encoding to be UTF-8, which
is what the standard for XML says.

Now the question is whether we should really be following the
standard or not... are there others out there who have an

Stephan Deibel

Wing IDE for Python