[wingide-users] WingIDE import issues

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Fri Oct 27 12:15:24 MDT 2006

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006, nnp wrote:
> Hi, I am attempting to use pygame with WingIDE personal edition on OS X 10.4
[snip]

> I have tried changing the python path variable for the project to

What you want to do instead is unset the python path you've set
and set the Python Executable in Project Properties.  Wing is
finding another installation of Python than you're finding by
default outside of Wing.  This is a result of how Python is
placed differently on OS X -- something we need to improve in our
default behavior.

The easiest thing is to just run python from the command line and
do this:

import sys
print sys.executable

Then copy that full path to Python Execution in Project
Properties.

BTW, this may be equivalent to using this:

/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/bin/python

Also, other installations are listed here:

/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python