[wingide-users] VI mode: Key shortcut for comment/uncomment

Michael Hipp Michael at Hipp.com
Wed Oct 25 17:28:52 MDT 2006

Wingware Support wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Oct 2006, Michael Hipp wrote:
>> I'm enjoying using the VI mode of Wing. But I *really* miss the Ctrl-/ and
>> Ctrl-? shortcuts for comment/uncomment a region.
>>
>> Can these be enabled in VI mode? Or would it have to be a different keystroke?
>
> I'll look into adding these.  My copy of vi for some reason does
> not have this feature, but you may be able to get what you want
> by binding these two keys to the commands comment-out-region and
> uncomment-out-region, respectively.

Sorry I wasn't clear ... those keystrokes are in Wing in the "Normal"
personality but they disappear in the VI personality. To my knowledge VI has
no such keystrokes.

I may try binding something to the commands you mentioned.

Thanks,
Michael