[wingide-users] Mac OS X fonts

Martijn Pieters mj at zopatista.com
Wed Oct 18 17:17:27 MDT 2006

I have not yet sussed out why Wing won't show all the fonts available
to Xft in it's font selectors (only X11 fonts are shown, even though
Xft supports all the fonts installed on your Mac), but that's no
reason to be stuck with blocky, non-anti-aliased fonts.. :)

Create a file 'gtkrc-user' in your .wingide2 directory with the
contents:

   gtk-font-name = "Lucida Grande 11"

and configure Wing to use the default font for display, then you get
to see Wing in anti-aliased glory anyway. Pick any font name, any
size, that suits you. Pick one out using Font Book and copy out the
name.

I used darwinports to install the Bitstream Vera font family, which
Wing does offer as a choice, so I use the Mono variant of that famiy
for the editor font. But if you want to use a Mac font there too,
just edit the .wingide2/preferences file and put your favourite font
in the "edit.default-font" property, e.g.:

   edit.default-font = 'Monaco 11'

Now I only have to find out how to make Wing honour horizontal
scrolling events..

Martijn Pieters