[wingide-users] Doesn't stop at breakpoints

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Oct 18 11:53:17 MDT 2006

Sheila King wrote:
> OK, I put in an
> assert False
> So are we sane? What did the results of the sanity test show?

The sanity tests showed that the debugger is working, the connection to
the IDE works, and that the IDE could bring up the correct file when the
process being debugged stops.

> Anyway, after I conducted the above two tests, the IDE started working as I
> expected it to and stopping on breakpoints I had put in the code.

Ahh, modifying the file also had the side effect of causing the .pyc
file to be recompiled.  It may have contained a different filename
before -- the .pyc file contains the .py filename at the time it was
compiled.  Removing .pyc files before debugging is a way to fix this
problem.  This doesn't explain why it worked previously from the Mac,
however, so it could have been something else.

Cheers,