[wingide-users] Feature Request: Current Line/Breakpoint?

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Tue Oct 17 14:30:23 MDT 2006

On Tue, 17 Oct 2006, Peter Fein wrote:
> On Tuesday 17 October 2006 13:31, Wingware Support wrote:
> > Tony Cappellini wrote:
> > > Is there a shortcut to find out where the debugger has stopped?
> > > When you have many tabs open and many breakpoints set, and are browsing
> > > through all those files, it is easy to loose track of where the current
> > > line
> > > of execution is.
> >
> > I usually do this by going up and down the stack with the toolbar
> > buttons.  You can also click on the bottom frame in the call stack tool.
> I do both of these, in addition to doing upstack/downstack, and find them all
> annoying.  A keyboard shortcut/button for "Current Frame" would be nice.  It
> could live right next to / between upstack & downstack.

Here's a quick and dirty script that does what you want except
if there is only one frame on the stack:

import wingapi

def show_debug_location():
  while wingapi.gApplication.CommandAvailable('frame-down'):

Bind this to a key and it works reasonably as a way to get to the
back to where you stopped.  Not pretty, but...

- Stephan