[wingide-users] Remote Debugging

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Oct 16 11:02:56 MDT 2006

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006, Surendra L wrote:
> I am trying to evaluate the IDE and see if this helps us with remote
> debugging. We have a server that is linux based that has mod_python
> configured. We are using samba shares to see the code and develop on a
> windows XP box using the Wing IDE. I wanted to try out a really simple
> example to see how to set up the remote debugging aspect and I am not able
> to.

I suspect mod_python is setting up the PYTHONPATH to exclude '.'
for security reasons (or something).  You may want to move
wingdbstub.py /usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages.

> If I remove the “import wingdbstub” statement from the file, the handler
> is fine and succeeds. Any one had this problem before, please let me know.
> Also, if anyone in general has experience working with linux samba shares and
> XP and has any tips, it would be very much appreciated.

Samba shares usually "just work" but you will need to set up a
file location map as described in section of the Wing
IDE manual accessed from the Help menu.

Stephan Deibel

Wing IDE for Python