[wingide-users] More than one IDE at a time?

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Oct 16 08:30:18 MDT 2006

On Sat, 14 Oct 2006, Timothy Reaves wrote:
> 	I'd really like to have more than one project open at a time.  Has
> anyone been able to do this?  On my Mac, opening the app a second time simply
> brings the running instance to the foreground.

You can run Wing from the command line with the --new option to
avoid reusing the existing instance.  On the Mac, the executable
is buried in the Wing IDE.app folder -- It's Contents/MacOS/wing
and you'll need to be sure that X11 is already running and may
need to set your DISPLAY environment variable to ":0.0".

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python