[wingide-users] <timeout><opaque error>

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Oct 16 08:19:41 MDT 2006

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006, Sheila King wrote:
> I'm seeing something I've never seen before on a local variable in my Stack
> Data
>
> <timeout><opaque error>
>
> What's weird, is in the Debug Probe window I can query this variable and get
> returned values from it.
>
> It was working fine just a few moments ago...? Now I get this error? This is
> really inconvenient. Arrg.

This happens if Wing fails to pack up and transfer the data value
from the debug process to IDE within a certain amount of time.
Wing stores this fact and doesn't try again to avoid hanging up
the debug process during data inspection.

You can clear this from the Debug menu with Clear Stored Value
Errors and/or right click on the value and select Force Reload.

My guess from what you write is that this happened during some
transient, possibly brief, network failure and not because this
value was really taking too long to pack up and send back to the
IDE.  Unfortunately, it's hard for us to detect the exact cause
and we do need to do this to avoid the debugger being unusable
with certain types of code and values.

Hope that helps.

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python