[wingide-users] Idea: Performance profiles for Source Analysis configuration

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Fri Oct 13 14:21:50 MDT 2006

Ken Kinder wrote:
> Every once in a while, I think that maybe I should change the Source Analysis
> settings. Then I realize I have no idea what I'm doing.
>
> It might be useful to have a combobox with pre-set profiles, like, "Speed"
> or "Low Memory" or "Completeness" -- that lets you choose among the
> trade-offs. Then, when you choose a profile, it would populate the cache
> size, max memory buffers, and typing suspend timeout.

Maybe -- it might be good to have a central toggle that would turn
analysis off for slow systems.  But, we do have a good bit of code that
depends on it working, at least minimally so it would take some work.

The goal, of course, is just to make it work well without tweaking the
preferences :).  Some of the preferences will always be required,
however, since some people the auto-completer to act differently
regardless of performance issues.

Cheers,