[wingide-users] Managing many files in the editor

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu Oct 12 08:58:19 MDT 2006

konrad.hinsen at laposte.net wrote:
> Is there a more convenient way to access files, e.g. by keyboard command
> + name or from some popup window? Or is there a way to rearrange the
> open files such as the ones between I switch often are closer together?

You can use the Window menu or the 'switch-document' command.  You may
need to bind the 'switch-document' command to a key combination
depending on what keyboard mapping you're using.

As someone who prefers to navigate with the keyboard rather than the
mouse, I use a combination of 'switch-document' and 'open' (which
corresponds to the open from keyboard menu item) command to switch
between files.  Ctrl-Tab is also useful for switching between recently
used files, as Russell noted.

Cheers,