[wingide-users] Autocompletion

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Oct 9 18:03:29 MDT 2006

On Mon, 9 Oct 2006, Fabio Corneti wrote:
> I have a strange issue with autocompletion (latest WingIDE version); if I
> import a module with the syntax
>
> from Products import ...
>
> after the import I see the autocompletion for the modules inside Products.
>
> Instead, if I use the syntax
>
> from Products.Archetypes import ...
>
> the autocompletion doesn't find modules beneath Products.Archetypes
>
> Is this behavior correct?

Do you have Zope support enabled in Project Properties under the
Extensions tab and have a Zope Instance Home selected there?

This tells Wing to mirror Zope's magic handling of the "Products"
directory, which isn't a true package in the way Python normally
handles them but is special cased by Zope's import machinery.

Once this is done, the above case works for me.  Please let me
know if this doesn't help.

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python