[wingide-users] Re: External Remote options- not part of "current project" settings

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Oct 9 17:46:49 MDT 2006

On Mon, 9 Oct 2006, Tony Cappellini wrote:
> I had "passive listen" enabled in a project 'A', closed the project and
> opened a different project.
>
> Turned off 'passive listen' in project B, apply, closed project, opened
> project A, verified Passive listen was on
>
> Close Project A,
>
> Opened Project B. Passive listen was set again in project B, even though I
> had turned it off, and applied that previously in project B.
>
> It appears as the project specific settings are not sticking.

This is actually a preference and not a project specific setting.
We felt it more likely people wanted it user-wide (a preference)
rather than project specific.  Also, it's theoretically a bit
safer from a security standpoint not to have a listener start up
automagically when a project is opened, as it might if this
setting were project specific.

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python