[wingide-users] Re: syntax coloring

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu Oct 5 08:54:14 MDT 2006

On Wed, 4 Oct 2006, Wyatt Baldwin wrote:
> I would say, no, don't add it as an HTML type. HTML highlighting works OK (not
> very well, really) for simple .myt files, but doesn't work at all when using
> various common Myghty syntax.

Yes, I think it's clear Myghty would need its own mode in the
editor.

> I'd be interested in porting the VIM version to Wing (at least for my own
> personal use), if I knew how to create a mode for Wing. I may do some further
> research into this, depending on what I hear here.

Wing uses Scintilla as the source editor widget so writing a
lexer for that will also work w/ Wing (w/ some help from us once
you've got a lexer written).  There are docs on writing Scintilla
lexers available on scintilla.org.

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python