[wingide-users] Default Python Executable

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Oct 4 10:57:46 MDT 2006

This is a question about OS X, where the Apple supplied python is in
/usr/bin and newer versions of python are installed in /usr/local/bin or
other directories.  The version run when 'python' is executed on the
command line is determined by the PATH environment variable.  This is
different than the PYTHONPATH environment variable or the python path
specified in the project properties.

Please don't try removing the Apple supplied python.  It's generally a
bad idea to modify anything supplied by the OS vendor unless the vendor
gives you tools to do so.

Cheers,

John