[wingide-users] Default Python Executable

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Oct 4 08:28:37 MDT 2006

Humberto Diogenes wrote:
>   I tried to set the "debug.python-exec" preference to Python 2.4 as
> default on Mac OS X but it didn't work.
>   If I set the path directly in the project preferences it works, but
> for obvious reasons I don't want to have 2.3 as default.

The python executable is a project setting and not a preference so it
must be set in the project.  The default python on Unix-like systems is
the one executed when 'python' is run.  You may want to set up your PATH
so python executes the version you want, though I've had a surprisingly
difficult time finding an easy way to do this on OS X.

Cheers,