[wingide-users] To make ide know "thai" characters

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Nov 29 20:58:55 MST 2006

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006, Sorakan Poolchareon wrote:
>   Is it possible to make wingide know "thai" character?
>   I finds it either show as '\xca\xc3\xa1' or as square boxes.

It should work if the font you are using has the necessary glyphs
(this isn't a given; try changing the Source Code Font/Size in
preferences) and the file encoding is picked up correctly (best
to use an encoding comment at the top of the file or make sure
that your Files / Default Encoding preference is set right).

Please let me know if that doesn't help.

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python