[wingide-users] Strange numbers...

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Tue Nov 28 08:22:35 MST 2006

Rex Turnbull wrote:
>> I was experimenting with the keyboard in the IDE, seeing if you had
>> accelerator keys for selecting the tabs like in Firefox. Ctrl + shift
>> + 1, 2, 3 etc selects tab 1, 2, 3 etc respectively. There isn't the
>> mapping, but when I did it under XP, a number 2 and 3 appeared over
>> the top of the current text and didn't scroll with the file text. It
>> didn't go away with Undo, but disappeared eventually.
>>
> I've had the same with Ctrl+Shift+E - on Scite and DevStudio marks the
> the content between braces {[()]}, similar to Ctrl+E in Wing.
> In Wing I get one E at the first press, two Es at the second, etc. Also
> happens with Ctrl+Shift+A, Ctrl+Shift+D ??

This is apparently part of gtk functionality that enables characters to
be entered via the hexadecimal number of the unicode code point.  I'm
not sure how it works and may have changed in newer versions of gtk.

In any case, the keys can be rebound using the keybinding preference.
We would consider adding default bindings for these, but it looks like
Firefox uses ctrl-1/2/3 and not ctrl-shift-1/2/3.

Cheers,