[wingide-users] Tool Box tab positions

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Fri Nov 24 09:57:22 MST 2006

gary.h.merrill at gsk.com wrote:
> By default, the tabs come up on the left.  and then you get a choice (when
> right clicking on a tab) to move them to the right.  If you can get them
> to appear on the top, you similarly get a choice to move them to the
> bottom.  But I don't see any way to move them from left to top (or bottom)
> or from top (or bottom) to left (or right) -- other than going into the
> project file and doing it.  Am I missing something here?

You can click on the down triangle to the right of the notebook tabs or
right click on the tab to bring up a positioning menu.  Items on the
menu will allow you to move the tool to another notebook, split the
notebook in two, remove the tool, and perform other tool operations.  We
hope to add the ability to do some of this customization through
drag-n-drop in the future.

> Also, as I mentioned in the recent C ide thread, I've been using Visual
> Studio a lot lately (C and C#).  While in some ways a bit more
> sophisticated than Wing, I find Wing's UI quite superior and much easier
> and more sensible to use.  If at some point you guys could extend Wing to
> support the whole .NET thing, that would be great.  Maybe for Version 3? I
> might even be willing to pay more for that.  :-)

The first step in this direction would probably be supporting IronPython
specifically, rather than .NET in general and the other common .NET
languages such as C#.  This is something we may do in the future, but it
is not currently under development.

Cheers,