[wingide-users] Dell touchpad scroll not working?

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Sun Nov 19 11:00:49 MST 2006

Eric Burgess wrote:
> On 11/19/06, Peter Fein <pfein at pobox.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Saturday 18 November 2006 11:58, Eric Burgess wrote:
>> > WingIDE looks great and I'm really excited about it, but one thing is
>> > really bugging me: my laptop touchpad is set up to allow me to
>> scroll by
>> > dragging my finger along the right edge, and this is every bit as
>> integral
>> > to my UI experience as the mouse scroll wheel is on a desktop.
> Unfortunately, I only downloaded Wing yesterday, so I don't think it's a
> matter of getting a newer version.  I downloaded SciTE just to see whether
> it might be a problem with Scintilla, but the scrolling is fine, there.

What OS are you using?  It could be a case of the touchpad driver not
emitting the messages that Wing expects when scroll-dragging is used.
It does work on my XP system with a Alps touchpad.  On the other hand,
the dedicated scroll button on some Thinkpads and other laptops is known
not to work with Wing under Windows because of how the driver works.