[wingide-users] Dell touchpad scroll not working?

Peter Fein pfein at pobox.com
Sun Nov 19 10:38:47 MST 2006

On Saturday 18 November 2006 11:58, Eric Burgess wrote:
> WingIDE looks great and I'm really excited about it, but one thing is
> really bugging me: my laptop touchpad is set up to allow me to scroll by
> dragging my finger along the right edge, and this is every bit as integral
> to my UI experience as the mouse scroll wheel is on a desktop.  In other
> words, I can't live without it.  Unfortunately, my touchpad won't scroll
> any of WingIDE's windows.  I've fiddled with the options in the touchpad
> software, but it didn't help.  Has anyone else had this problem and found a
> fix or workaround?

Works for me with a Thinkpad R40 under X11-6.8.2 on Gentoo Linux.  My touchpad
does both up/down & left/right scrolling & both work in Wing. I reported a
bug about this a few dot releases ago, and it was quickly fixed.  If you're
not using the latest, you might try upgrading.

I'm also hooked on touchpad scrolling.  And my EraserMouse. Why you would want
to take your hands off the keyboard to move a mouse is beyond me. ;)

Thanks again to WingFolks for the great support.

--
Peter Fein                                                     pfein at pobox.com
773-575-0694                                      Jabber: peter.fein at gmail.com