[wingide-users] What are people using for C

Russell Warren rwarren at picarro.com
Fri Nov 17 13:55:20 MST 2006

I hate to ask this on this mailing list, but since you all know Wing, you all know what I'm looking for...

What do you use when editing C?

Normally I just do edits in Wing with the C view or use another souped up syntax highlighter like Notepad ++, but I've just inherited a large C project and could use more advanced features like I'm now accustomed to/spolied by with Wing.

Syntax highlighted editors are a dime a dozen it seems, but I'm looking for stuff like:

- Syntax highlighting
- Good search features (file on disk, all open files, etc)
- Code completion (including stuff that is #included)
- Goto definition (Wing's ctrl-click) (bridging to #include libraries, too)
- Project files
- Project browsing
- Not emacs/vi

Surely there must be something vaguely Wing-like for C?  I've been downloading editor after editor and none really cut it so far.

Thanks, and sorry for the loosely-connected-to-Wing topic...
Russ