[wingide-users] import hook problems

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Nov 8 09:39:16 MST 2006

Maciej Fijalkowski wrote:
> I've received some user complaints about interactions between py.test from
> pylib and WingIDE debugger.
>
> Basically the problem is because of __import__ overloading. pylib is using
> it for lazy imports of it's parts and WingIDE for something.
> 1. Make debugger hook call previous debugger hook in some circumstances
> (like importing py.)
> 2. Making an option to disable it

The debugger should be calling any __import__ function set in builtins
before it is started.  What problems are you seeing?  If you start a
program from the IDE, I think the Wing debugger's __import__ function
should be set before the program starts.

We may want to look into adding an option to disable the debugger's
import hook, but I have no idea whether that will address your problem.

Cheers,