[wingide-users] import hook problems

Maciej Fijalkowski fijall at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 09:17:54 MST 2006

I've received some user complaints about interactions between py.test from
pylib and WingIDE debugger.

Basically the problem is because of __import__ overloading. pylib is using
it for lazy imports of it's parts and WingIDE for something.

What I found:

kUseImportHook = 1 # Currently crashes when turned off [SRAD] (not sure why)

I'm not very fluent in C, but what are the possibilities if we want this to

1. Make debugger hook call previous debugger hook in some circumstances
(like importing py.)
2. Making an option to disable it

Any other ideas how can I support in from library side?

Maciej Fijalkowski