[wingide-users] import hook problems

Maciej Fijalkowski fijall at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 09:17:54 MST 2006

I've received some user complaints about interactions between py.test from
pylib and WingIDE debugger.

Basically the problem is because of __import__ overloading. pylib is using
it for lazy imports of it's parts and WingIDE for something.

What I found:

dbtracer.py:71
kUseImportHook = 1 # Currently crashes when turned off [SRAD] (not sure why)

I'm not very fluent in C, but what are the possibilities if we want this to
work:

1. Make debugger hook call previous debugger hook in some circumstances
(like importing py.)
2. Making an option to disable it

Any other ideas how can I support in from library side?

Cheers,
Maciej Fijalkowski