[wingide-users] Python shell startup folder

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Nov 6 10:18:23 MST 2006

On Mon, 6 Nov 2006, Peter Mott wrote:
> Is it possible to set preferences in Wing so that a Python shell starts in the
> folder of the current editor file?

Currently there isn't such an option.  It is set to the value
given in the Debug / Starting Directory field in Project
Properties, or defaults to location of the main debug file if one
is defined or the project file if not.

I'll take this as a feature request ... seems that it should be
possible to set this separately from the debugger and to use
current file location (esp. when evaluating a file in it).

Stephan Deibel

Wing IDE for Python