[wingide-users] Project context menu script to create new file

Mike Higgins mike at higginsmail.com
Sun Nov 5 11:12:44 MST 2006

Thanks to Martin P. for pointing out that the UI already had a command
that did what I wanted.  Here is my first script, that
adds a 'New File...' options to the project browser context menu.  The
file will be created and added to the project in the directory where you
right-click.  I'm so happy (although I must admit I'm easily amused.)

Here is the text, also included as an attachment:

import wingapi

def new_project_file():
    """ Create a new file, using the directory of the currently selected
        file in the project browser. """
    wingapi.gApplication.ExecuteCommand('new-blank-file')

new_project_file.label = "New File..."
new_project_file.contexts = [wingapi.kContextProject()]

Mike Higgins