[wingide-users] Get name of selected file or dir in project context script?

Martijn Pieters mj at zopatista.com
Sun Nov 5 03:48:45 MST 2006

On 4 Nov 2006, at 22:33, Mike Higgins wrote:
> I see how to run commands from a script, but how do I get
> information such as the name of the currently selected file in the
> project window?  I started to write a project browser context
> script to create a new file in the currently selected area of the
> project tree, but I see only commands; nothing that returns values
> to a script.  Are scripts really 'write-only?'

Have a look at the script that handles scanning for new files and
such (you see it when you right-click a file or directory in the
project manager). It limits the scan to the path of the file or
directory you click on.

> PS.  I bet the Wing Developers don't create new projects from
> scratch very much.  If they did, I think that you would be able to
> *easily* create a new file in a project (instead of the multi-step
> process you have to go through now.)

And what of Project -> Add new file? It adds a blank file to the
current project, prompting you to type the filename first.

Martijn Pieters