[wingide-users] PyLint Integration Script (Beta 3)

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu Nov 2 09:35:25 MST 2006

Encolpe Degoute wrote:
>> Assuming you want to get at the Python Path set for the project
>> as a whole (and not a particular file via File Properties) then
>> the magic through-the-formal-API incantation is:
>>
>>   import wingapi
>>   from proj import attribs
>>   ignore, path = wingapi.gApplication.GetAttribute(attribs.kPyPath)[None]
>
> I tried this one and and is always return an empty path chain even if
> Zope/Plone option is enabled in project configuration.

You're correct that the Zope / Plone directories don't get added with
the above.  What Wing uses internally is essentially:

   from proj import project
   path_list = project.GetInterpPyPathList()

path_list will contain names of all directories in sys.path, including
the python default standard library directories that are usually not
specified in the PYTHONPATH.

That said, pylint probably will have trouble with Zope because Zope
typically sets up 2 different Product directories that are merged so
they work as if all files are in a single directory.  It's not enough to
list them both in the PYTHONPATH.  I don't know enough about pylint to
say if it has support for the multiple Product directories.

Cheers,