[wingide-users] Syntax highlighting

Russell Warren rwarren at picarro.com
Tue May 30 16:41:49 EDT 2006

I recall, and the manual still states, that you could change the syntax highlighting to use for a file on the fly from the file properties dialog ("Source->Current File Properties", or in the context menu for the file).  This seems to be missing in 2.1.0-b2, and the only way it looks like I can change it is to pre-configure file types with "Preferences->Editor->FileTypes".

If this is just a bug, consider this as a bug report!
If not a bug, consider this as a vote for re-instating on-the-fly syntax highlighting changes.  If not re-instated, the docs need to change.

Also - I seem to remember that there was an ini file syntax I could pick, but it isn't there.  Am I remembering another tool?  Now I just flip over to Notepad++ for my ini edits, but would prefer to stay in Wing for as much as I can.

Thanks,
Russ