[wingide-users] go to symbol

Peter Fein pfein at pobox.com
Thu May 11 17:44:10 EDT 2006

On Wednesday 10 May 2006 10:19 am, Peter Fein wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 May 2006 12:56 am, Ken Kinder wrote:
> > It would be nice to be able to jump to a symbol by name, without having
> > to type it. I often find myself typing a symbol, hitting F4 to jump to
> > it, then deleting what I typed.
>
> I've wanted to be able to do this for modules, esp. in the standard lib.
> I'll sometimes do a `import os.path; F4; delete` instead of navigating the
> file system.
>
> Dunno if that requires different machinery, but it'd be nice...

More thoughts:

It'd be neat to be able to create a *project* from a module.  Ie, figure out
the filesystem path for the package - somemod.__file__

--
Peter Fein                                                     pfein at pobox.com
773-575-0694                                      Jabber: peter.fein at gmail.com