[wingide-users] Summer of Code?

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed May 3 11:19:43 EDT 2006

Ken Kinder wrote:
> On 5/2/06, Peter Fein <pfein at pobox.com> wrote:
>>
>> >From http://wiki.python.org/moin/SummerOfCode:
>> Help make IPython's capabilities available inside a wxPython application.
>>
>> For whatever it's worth (not much), this would be a great project for
>> Wing
>> support/mentor.

We'd be willing to help out where we can, but I don't think we're going
to be mentoring.

> Wing's own embedded python interpreter I still can't get in the habit of
> using. It's nice because you already have your whole environment, but
> iPython has lots of nice features.
>
> Somewhere, I wrote a small extension that launches ipython with your
> current
> file included with -i. I never got it working to my satisfaction in
> terms of
> moving over all your project settings (pythonpath, etc)...

If you want to send this to support at wingware.com, we'd see if we could
flesh out the project support.  Note that embedding it within a Wing
tool is probably not an easy task -- the first step in that process is
probably making the autocomplete popup work in the python shell / debug
probe tool (which is post 2.1 release, at this point).