[wingide-users] Summer of Code?

Ken Kinder kkinder at gmail.com
Tue May 2 21:11:26 EDT 2006

On 5/2/06, Peter Fein <pfein at pobox.com> wrote:

> >From http://wiki.python.org/moin/SummerOfCode:
> Help make IPython's capabilities available inside a wxPython application.
>
> For whatever it's worth (not much), this would be a great project for Wing
> support/mentor.

Wing's own embedded python interpreter I still can't get in the habit of
using. It's nice because you already have your whole environment, but
iPython has lots of nice features.

Somewhere, I wrote a small extension that launches ipython with your current
file included with -i. I never got it working to my satisfaction in terms of
moving over all your project settings (pythonpath, etc)...