[wingide-users] External "Save All" command

Michael Hipp Michael at Hipp.com
Thu Mar 30 13:25:37 EST 2006

Wingware Support wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Mar 2006, Michael Hipp wrote:
>> Is there a way I can issue a command external to Wing (say, in a script
>> file) to cause the running instance(s) of Wing to execute a 'Save All'?
>>
>> This is for when doing external things that need to make sure any recent
>> edits have been saved to disk.
>
> Can you invoke those external things from a Wing script?  In that
> case, you could execute the save-all command before invoking your
> external command.

In some cases that wouldn't be very convenient. So I was hoping for a
simple CLI tool that would do the trick. In my other favorite Windows
editor (www.TextPad.com) there is a SaveAll.exe that is available to do
this.

> The alternative would be to hack together a Wing extension script
> that listens on a socket and have your external code ping that.
>
> I could provide some pointers either way.  The first one is a lot
> easier.

That second option sounds like more work than I can justify for it at
this moment. But thanks for the offer of help.

Perhaps we could add this to the ever-growing "Requested Features" list.

Michael