[wingide-users] External "Save All" command

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu Mar 30 13:13:39 EST 2006

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006, Michael Hipp wrote:
> Is there a way I can issue a command external to Wing (say, in a script
> file) to cause the running instance(s) of Wing to execute a 'Save All'?
>
> This is for when doing external things that need to make sure any recent
> edits have been saved to disk.

Can you invoke those external things from a Wing script?  In that
case, you could execute the save-all command before invoking your
external command.

The alternative would be to hack together a Wing extension script
that listens on a socket and have your external code ping that.

I could provide some pointers either way.  The first one is a lot
easier.

- Stephan