[wingide-users] debugging CherryPy

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Fri Mar 24 19:26:51 EST 2006

Chris Curvey wrote:
> When I was working with CGI, I found it very helpful to be able to have Wing
> stop my CGI scripts and let me debug them "in flight".  Anybody got a recipe
> for doing this with CherryPy?  (I use it both "plain" and within
> TurboGears.)

It looks like you can import wingdbstub within CherryPy response
functions like you can do with cgi scripts.  I just tried this with the
simple helloworld script from their tutorial, adding the import
wingdbstub as the first line in the index() method.

When the server.threadPool setting is 0 (the default), all requests are
apparently run on a single thread.  This works around Wing's inability
to debug multiple threads.

Let us know if you run into any problems,