[wingide-users] tab bar

Tom Stambaugh tms at stambaugh-inc.com
Wed Mar 22 12:34:12 EST 2006

I know this has probably come up before, but I just have to ask.

Is it possible to allow me to turn off the tab bar altogether and instead
open multiple windows inside Wing, one per file? I guess I'm the only cranky
old fart in the world who prefers that, but I find that I often want to look
at two or more files side by side -- and I *hate* having to click tabs. It
seems like drastic overkill to open multiple instances of Wing, if its even
possible. I actually *like* the overlapping-window paradigm, and I prefer to
open as many as I want and position them how I want. And yes, I would also
like to minimize any window to an icon or thumbnail and position *that* on
the desktop. Basically, I want the inside of the IDE to be *my* desktop, and
I want to organize it as it suits my needs.

Thx,
Tom