[wingide-users] Wing not starting

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Mar 20 12:52:58 EST 2006

Ken Kinder wrote:
> I've tried it with --private-gtk too, but WingIDE 2.1 simply won't start, it
> just kind of hangs. I upgraded to kubuntu dapper last night, so that's
> possibly the cause. Here's the tail of the error log:

Did you use ^C to get back to the shell prompt?  It looks like you did,
but I just want to double check.  Can you try deleting
~/.wingide2/.instance and running Wing?  It looks like it's hung up in
code to connect to an existing Wing instance -- this is done so files
can be opened in an existing instance.