[wingide-users] Wing 2.1.0-b1 creates fileswithoutfinal newline on Windows

Michael Hipp Michael at Hipp.com
Sun Mar 19 19:03:47 EST 2006

Don't listen to 'em.

It's been more than 20 year since I've seen an in-use teletype. And they
weren't very common even 10 years before that. So we're mostly talking about
ancient history from three or four decades ago.

Besides, the real mistake was made by the ASCII designers who didn't have the
real-world smarts to include a generic "newline" character.

The Unix guys got it right. Because they knew that simple things work much
better than complicated things. And having a single line-ending character to
include, check for, process, trap errors on, etc. is much simpler than having
two to worry over.

Practicality beats purity.

Michael