[wingide-users] Wing 2.1.0-b1 creates files without final newline on Windows

Rene Pijlman rene at lab.applinet.nl
Sun Mar 19 08:24:14 EST 2006

When I create a new Python file in Wing 2.1.0-b1 on Windows XP,
type some text and save it, Wing creates a file without a final
newline.

This is a hex dump of a file I created in Wing: (hex dump made
with UltraEdit):
   66 6F 6F OD OA 62 61 72
Note that the first line is terminated with the Windows eol
convention (\r\n), whereas the last line is not.

I noticed this because of an upload program (SecureFX 3.1b4)
that has a bug: it corrupts text files without a final newline.

The corruption is a problem in SecureFX of course, and I
reported it in their beta forum. I can work around the problem
by typing the final newline by hand. But isn't Wing supposed to
terminate all lines properly?

--
Rene Pijlman
http://www.applinet.nl/