[wingide-users] Create new file from Project toolbox?

Peter Fein pfein at pobox.com
Thu Mar 16 14:10:11 EST 2006

Dunno if i'm just missing it, but it'd be neat to be able to create a
*new* file directly in the project toolbox.  My source tree is kinda
deep, and the New->untitled.py->Save as->Navigate process is a pain.
I'd like to be able to do that from the Project tree.  If I add a file
to the project that doesn't exist, Wing helpfully replies:

Failed to open document 'test_timingGroup.py (/home/pfein/timer/tests)'

Could that dialog box prompt to create it?

I'm on 2.0.4, hoping to upgrade next week. ;)