[wingide-users] Missing breakpoints?

Tom Stambaugh tms at stambaugh-inc.com
Wed Mar 15 18:22:25 EST 2006

Short cgi program.

I set up wing for external debugging (it works fine with MoinMoin) & import
wingdbstub in cgi as needed.
Here's a fragment:

13 print "Content-Type: text/html"     # HTML is following
14 print                               # blank line, end of headers
15
16 # Set up the system path
17 import sys
18
19 #---------------------------------------------------------
20 # Set up debugger
21 import wingdbstub
22
23 #---------------------------------------------------------
24
25 # Get the system environment
26 import os

I set a breakpoint at line 26 and it works as advertised. I can then step
through the remaining code. Any effort to set a breakpoint *after* line 26
is ignored. The code works fine, but the debugger won't halt at the
breakpoint. Commenting out line 26 makes breakpoints stop working
altogether, it doesn't move or fix the problem.

With a breakpoint set later in the code, when I refresh the browser page,
the WingIDE status bar flashes the following three messages, in sequence:
1. Something like "Debugger: Debug process running; pid=nnnn [0 modules
loaded]"
2. Something like "Debugger: No debug process / not listening for
connections (*very short*)
3. Something like "Debugger: No debug process / listening for connections on
TCP/IP port 50005

I'm running WinXP, Apache 2.0.54, Python v2.4, WingIDE Professional
v2.0.4-1, lots of memory, disk & cpu.

What's up?

Thanks,
Tom S.